[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project November news

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:21:05 UTC 2012

*Cranksgiving*

The Bike Project is putting on our annual bike race/food drive this coming
Sunday, Cranksgiving <http://chambanacranksgiving.blogspot.com/>. The non
perishable foodstuffs collected during the event are donated to the Eastern
Illinois Food Bank and there are lots of door prizes/swag for the event
from local sponsors as well as well known brands.

*New this year, *we are adding a* Guided Reduced Mileage Option* for folks
who may want to bring the family or simply do a shorter route.

So, if you like to bike and want to have an awesome time this Sunday, come
out to The Bike Project for Cranksgiving.

   - What? - Cranksgiving 2012 Bike Race/Food Drive
   - When? - 11/4 - 12:30PM
   - Where? - The IMC - 202 S. Broadway Ave, Room 24, Urbana, Illinois
   - Why? - The best way to donate to a good cause, while riding your bike
   with friends! plus prizes~

Also, make sure you have something with you to carry items (messenger bag,
backpack, basket, panniers...) during the event.

Invite your friends, and check out more information at
http://chambanacranksgiving.blogspot.com/

*Monthly Meeting*

Our next monthly meeting will be Monday, November 5 at the IMC at 6:30.
The agenda is at http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2012-Nov-5+Agenda

*Tandem Art Gallery*
The Tandem Bike and Art exhibit is ongoing at Cafe Kopi in downtown
Champaign.  Pieces are still available for sale -- check out
http://www.tandemcu.org/ for more information.

Thanks,
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project