[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project monthly newsletter

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:47:09 UTC 2013

Welcome back to students as another academic year gets under way!

*Tandem Art exhibit*
We had a successful Tandem Art Exhibit opening last week! The display will
be up at Indi Go Art Gallery until Wednesday, Aug 28, and in case you
missed it you can purchase art tonight (Friday the 23rd) from 6:00 to 8:00
p.m. More info at http://www.tandemcu.org/

*Mustache Ride Postponed*
Please disregard the save-the-date from the previous announcement. Due to
the Tandem event and general busy-ness at The Bike Project in August,
Mustache Ride has been postponed into the future. On the upside, that
should help free your calendar to take in the *C-U Across the Prairie
bicycle ride* (http://www.prairiecycleclub.org/cu-across-the-prairie-2012/)
in the morning, or the *SweetcornFest* in downtown Urbana (
http://www.urbanabusiness.com/events/urbana-sweetcorn-festival-2013/)
featuring classic riffs from Kansas.

*Monthly Meeting*
The next monthly meeting will be held Monday, August 26 at the Urbana/IMC
location at 6:30 p.m. The agenda is available for review/edit at
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2013-Aug-26+Agenda

*Light the Night*
Champaign Area Traffic Study (CATS) will be putting on their annual
Light-the-Night event on September 12th from 4pm to 7pm. They will be
giving away *free blinky lights* for your bike (you must show up on your
bike to receive them). Remember if you ride at night you must have a front
headlight and rear reflector to be compliant with the law, but rear lights
will improve your visibility and make for a safer ride.

*2014 C-U Bike Maps*
Champaign County Bikes (http://www.champaigncountybikes.org/) has partnered
with local organizations to publish a beautiful new version of the
Champaign-Urbana bike maps, complete with excellent cycling strategies and
tips. Stop by either of our locations to pick up your copy during our open
hours.

Thanks,
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project