[Bikecoop-announce] Cranksgiving 2014

Kyle French kyle.l.french at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:47:54 EDT 2014

The date for the 7th annual Champaign-Urbana Cranksgiving has been set:
November 8th 2014

*We need volunteers to make this event a success.  If you are interested in
helping, please email chambanacranksgiving at gmail.com
<chambanacranksgiving at gmail.com>.  **The are we need the most help is
getting local sponsors on board.  **We will need several people to count
food and keep order on the day of as well.   *

What - Cranksgiving is a food drive where food is collected by riding
around Champaign/Urbana/Savoy and purchasing food at local grocery stores.
Riders earn prizes by completing the ride in the fastest time, with the
most food. However, we usually have prizes for almost everyone.

Where - Meet at the Bike Project is Urbana (202 S. Broadway Avenue).
Registration starts at 12 and the ride starts at 1.

Bring - Bring a bike, a bag to carry your collected food, a lock for when
you are in the stores, and at least $5 or however much you would like to
spend on food to donate.

Who - All food donated will go to the Eastern Illinois Food Bank.

Other - After the ride there will be an afterparty and other bike games.
Admission to the party is participation in the ride or 4 items of donated
non-perishable food. Riders in the past have brought in as much as 100lbs
of food(with a bike trailer).

Thanks,
Kyle and the Bike Project