[Bikecoop-announce] Volunteer for Light Your Bike! Light giveaway in Champaign

Barry Isralewitz barry.isralewitz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 00:01:34 UTC 2017

Hello,

	Light Your Bike is coming, this April 2!  With 3 hours to install over 250 free bike light sets, we'll need a good-sized crew of volunteers.  This is the first time we've had an all-off-campus mass light install in Champaign-Urbana; we'll be at scenic Douglass Park in North Champaign.  Big thanks to a generous donation from Prairie Cycle Club for making the event possible.

   You can sign up for a 1.5-hour or 3-hour shift here:

http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/light-your-bike-2017 <http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/light-your-bike-2017>

   Volunteering is generally a lot of fun -- people are very happy to get free bike lights!

Light Your Bike
Free Bike Light Giveaway in Champaign
Sunday, Apr. 2, 2017 from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m (volunteering from 1:45 to 5:00 pm)
Location: corner of Fifth St. and Tremont St. (along the west edge of Douglass Park), Champaign, IL

Early-shift volunteers: please note the 1:45 pm start time (i.e.not 2 pm); getting volunteers organized early will help us get a jump on long lines.

Optional training sessions:
---- There will be two chances to go to a short training session for those who haven't participated before, those who want a refresher, or those who want to practice with this year's models of reflectors and lights:
- Mon., March 27, 2017, 6:00 pm--6:45 pm, at the Downtown Urbana Bike Project, 202 S. Broadway, Urbana, IL. (enter via south side basement door).
- Sun., Apr. 2, 2017, 1:00 pm--1:45 pm, corner of Fifth St. and Tremont St. (along the west edge of Douglass Park), Champaign, IL
Training will cover reflector install, difficult light install cases, educational materials, and more.

We will also have a battery install event to get the lights ready in advance:
- Wed., March 22, 2017 6:30 pm -- 9 pm Downtown Urbana Bike Project, 202 S. Broadway, Urbana, IL. (enter via south side basement door)
Better to show earlier in the evening, just in case we assemble all the lights before you get there...

	About the giveaway:
We'll be installing, completely free, over 250 "be seen" Planet Bike LED light sets; that makes over 500 blinky lights, counting front and rear. Don't forget to tell your friends about the giveaway, but remind them: lights are only installed directly onto bikes. "If you want free lights, bring your bike."
Share the Facebook event, https://www.facebook.com/events/405381636480679/ <https://www.facebook.com/events/405381636480679/>  to spread the word!

	"Light Your Bike" is a program of The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign and Prairie Cycle Club.

Hope you can volunteer!

		Cheers,

		Barry Isralewitz
		Volunteer, The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign

--
Barry Isralewitz
barry.isralewitz at gmail.com