[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project needs volunteers for tabling at CU Days

Rezvan Shahoei rshahoei at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 19:51:13 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

The Bike Project will be tabling at CU Days
<https://champaignparks.com/cu-days/> on August 11 and we are in need of
volunteers who can distribute bicycle-related information and give away
free school supplies at our table.

The event begins at 11:00 AM and ends at 8:00 PM. *If you would like to
volunteer, you can fill out the sign-up sheet here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ExFONO6kPMjTmJrl0Sf4ZCa7PxAbdI8fTDboI3_JtJw/edit?usp=sharing>.*
 Once you've added your name and contact info, please put an "X" under the
time(s) that you'll table. There's no need to participate all day. Phillip,
for example, is only signed up for two two-hour shifts (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
and 12:00 -1:00 PM).

During the next few weeks leading up to CU Days, we'll also be taking
donations of school supplies that will be made available to K-12 students
in need who come to the event. Please see the list of preferred supplies
here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BgtNp3_pl-tWG6kgOYm0nMqwljHHmlyn/view?usp=sharing>
.

You can make a donation in three ways:

   - Bring school supplies to one of our locations during open hours;
   - Leave a financial donation in one of the donation jars (labeled
   specifically for CU Days Donations) at one of our locations. (We will then
   put the money towards needed school supplies);
   - Or make an online donation through The Bike Project's Square Up page
   for CU Days Donations
   <https://squareup.com/market/the-bike-project-of-urbana-champaign/item/donation-for-cu-days>
   .

If you've never gone to CU Days before, it's a great opportunity to meet
folks in the community — and, in our case, to talk with them about bikes
and The Bike Project.

CU Days is held in Douglass Park, out in the open. We'll have a tent for
shade.

Phillip and Rezvan