[Bookstoprisoners] Books to Prisoners Packathon Tomorrow - Saturday 9/10

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 17:23:40 CDT 2005

 <http://www.bookstoprisoners.ucimc.org/>

BTP'ers

This is going to be a great Saturday to work with us at the IMC! There are a
number of big BTP projects that have been in the works all summer which have
finally come to fruition - We have lots to celebrate. We will be there from
2PM - ?

New Priosner & Book database
Tom, the author of this software is planning on attending our meeting this
Saturday and we will be unveiling and giving demos of the system we will be
using to track our inmate requests / book shipments.

Words Through Bars Zine available for distribution
Sarah has put together an awesome zine of prisoners writings and art work.
They have been printed and will be ready to be bound (we will sewing them
with a sewing machine) tomorrow.

Final Book Selection for County Jail Library
Thursday 9/15 is the date we will be loading 1,000 books into the downtown
jail. We are expecting about 9 participants including librarians and
community members to help move these books from the IMC, to their new home
in the jail library. We will also discuss the framework of our lending /
staffing system for that library on Thursday. Saturday will be our last
opportunity to add to this collection of books before they are transported.

New Letters Answer and Book Donations to Process
As we approach the book sale (October 22nd in Lincoln Square), we need to
finish sorting all of our donations.

--
- Jay