[Bookstoprisoners] Jail Library Staffing

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:05:29 CDT 2005

Jail Library project participants,

I have spoken with Nancy today and have a couple updates:

> There will no longer be an officer present during the time we staff the
library, however the door is to remain open at all times AND we (volunteers)
will have radios to communicate with the Master Control area. Also, during
library hours there will be a guard who checks the room at 15 minute (or
less) intervals. If anyone has a concern about this change in policy, let's
please discuss it before Friday.

> Volunteers should bring as few items with them as possible, and will have
an opportunity to store personal items in the guard station after entering.
Enter through the East door, where we loaded-in last week.

On Friday I plan on meeting the first volunteers and Nancy at the jail at
1:00. I will bring a two composition notebooks, which we can leave in the
room to log our work / ideas as well as begin to keep track of lending
(hopefully we can upgrade this very soon, but it's better than nothing for
now). Hopefully we can find a regular place on the shelf where these books
can be stored on Friday and let the group know.

--
- Jay