[Cgfc] Volunteers Needed

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Mon Oct 14 17:00:11 CDT 2002

That's right! It's time once again for the IDF's ANNUAL FALL FUNDRAISING

DINNER, SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9. This year we are excited to announce our
keynote speaker: Marino Cordoba, Afro-Colombian activist, who, as a
result of numerous attempts on his life for his political activism, has
gained asylum status in the U.S.

C-U's activist community looks foward to IDF's annual dinner as a way of

celebrating our victories and re-energizing our fights for social
justice!

**But this event would not be possible without a wealth of volunteers!**

If you help, we get something, and you get something! We get help with
this event, and you get free admission to the dinner! ($8-$15 value!)

VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

EVENT SET-UP:

        -DAY BEFORE (Friday, November 8, Time TBA):  Volunteers will set

         up dinner room for event. Includes tables, place settings, and
         decorations.
        -DAY OF (Saturday, November 9, Time TBA): Volunteers will
continue
         and finish set-up.

SERVING: Volunteers will be responsible for serving the meal during the
event. This will be done in shifts so servers will be able to eat as
well.

TICKET-TAKING: Volunteers will be responsible for taking tickets at the
door and admitting people to the event, taking raffle tickets, and
selling
additional dinner and raffle tickets at the door.

EVENT TAKE-DOWN: Volunteers will be responsible for taking down set-up
after event and for the cleaning of dishes, kitchen, and dinner hall.

FOOD PREPARATION: Like chopping veggies? Volunteers are needed to help
prepare the main course and desserts for the dinner. Preparation times
TBA.

     YES! I WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER TO HELP WITH THE IDF FALL DINNER!
                 (Please fill out the following form)

My name is:
My phone number is:

I would like to help with: (check all that apply)

___ EVENT SET-UP
    ___ DAY BEFORE
    ___ DAY OF

___ TICKET-TAKING

___ SERVING

___ EVENT TAKE-DOWN

___ FOOD PREPARATION

To buy tickets or to get more information about this event or the IDF,
email idf at prairienet.org, call (217) 352-8721, or visit
www.prairienet.org/idf. All questions about volunteering should be
directed to Sarah Jayne at dipert at uiuc.edu.