[cgfc] Common Ground Turns 25!

Molly Stentz molly at ojctech.com
Thu Oct 23 17:24:32 CDT 2003

Common Ground Food Co-op's 25hth Anniversary Party!

Yes, this year our favorite Co-op turns the ripe old age of 25!!
We are throwing the Co-op a quarter-century birthday PARTY to celebrate
all of our successes over the years! Many co-ops have long since closed,
died out, been bought and sold, or turned into bottom-line-oriented,
for-profit businesses... but we're still here!

	/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
	/\ Saturday, Oct. 25th	/\
	/\ 7pm - midnight	/\
	/\     at		/\
	/\ University YMCA	/\
	/\ 1001 S. Wright St	/\
	/\ Champaign, IL	/\
	/\ (wright + chalmers)  /\
	\/\/\/\\/\/\/\\/\/\\/\/\/\

BANDS!
7-8pm:	Darrin Drda's Theory of Everything (quirky witty songwriting)
9-11pm:	The Noisy Gators (lively danceable cajun music)

EATS!
* hot apple cider, fair trade coffee
* local organic vegetable sampling from our favorite farms
* veggie nori rolls
* more hors d'oerves than you can shake a stick at!
* fresh baked baguettes and our secret recipe hummus
* cookies, pies, treats
* 9, count them, 9 birthday cakes! (including vegan ones!)
* * * * all handmade by Co-op members! * * * *

WINE!
* an organic wine tasting featuring a variety of wines from small
vineyards around the world.
* fruit wines from local illinois vineyard
* all available locally at the corkscrew wine emporium in urbana

MERCH!
* brand-spankin' new T-shirts in a rainbow assortment of colors
* ceramic coffee mugs with our new 25th anniversary logo

KIDS!
* face-painting
* coloring contest
* pumpkin carving!
* other kids!!

PUMPKINS!

Come all Co-op members, old and new, young and old!

Admission is free. Donations will be accepted to defray costs.

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!