[cgfc] CGFC Produce News 11.16.04

BL W bwcgfc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 13:29:44 CST 2004

CGFC PRODUCE NEWS  For The Week of November 16, 2004

New This Week:
Cranberries!
Cauliflower
Bartlett Pears
Tangerines!
Red Globe Grapes
Petite Lemons

Local:
Bunched Beets
Daikon Radish
Kale (Red, Green)!
Spaghetti Squash

On Special This Week:
Lemons
Persimmons
Gala Apples
Granny Smith Apples

Availability Update:
In addition to pie pumpkins, we will be carrying bunched beets, daikon radish, kale, and spaghetti squash from Moore Farm of Watseka, IL.  Their vegetables are Naturally Grown: grown without synthetic fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides.  Their delivery day is Wednesday.

This is the last week of local broccoli from Blue Moon Farm for the year.

We are now in navel orange season and are on the brink of citrus season.  Within the next several weeks and months we will be increasing our varieties of citrus as they become available from the growers.  If you would like to order cases of citrus for the holidays, let me know and we can arrange that.

Please Note:
All of the produce at CGFC is Certified Organic unless specified otherwise.

If you have any produce questions or requests you can e mail me at this address or put a note in my box in the store.  Thanks.  Brandy Watts (Produce Coordinator)