[cgfc] Strategic Vision Planning Process

Traci Barkley tbarkley at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:25:08 CDT 2005

Dear Co-op members,

The Co-op is kicking off a Strategic Planning process to determine the
goals and future trajectory of the organization for the next 5-10 years.

We need your help! It is YOUR Co-op, and we need you to help shape its
future.

Please consider getting involved by coming to one of the new Lever Group
meetings. Lever Groups are small working groups composed of Co-op members
(with at least one staff and one board liason in each) that are tasked with
brainstorming around a particular area of the store. The idea is to consider
and catalogue all potential factors affecting the Co-op's
future. We will then organize them, prioritize them, and brainstorm ideas
for solving potential challenges and enabling more activity in desired
directions. The end goal is to have a plan and blueprint for how we want
to grow and change over the long term.

The Lever Groups are: Physical Infrastructure, Organizational Structure,
Outreach/Impact, Finances, and Social/Demographics.

Meetings are open to all. Notes from the meetings will be posted
in the store and on this listserve (electronic copies of the minutes
and supporting documents can be requested from Traci Barkley at
tbarkley at moose-mail.com), but if you want to be heard, you
have to show up! (or send ideas via email or a drop box in the store).

The next meeting times and group contacts are:
Social/Demographics: Thursday, July 21, 7p at Cafe Kopi,
         Contact Traci at tbarkley at moose-mail.com
Finance: TBA, Contact Maneesh at mmshanbh at hotmail.com
Outreach/Impact: Monday, July 18, 6:30 at the co-op
         Contact Sue at gallo at uiuc.edu
Physical Infrastructure: TBA, Contact Clint at clint at cpopetz.com
Organizational Structure: TBA, Contact Jeanne at towandat at hotmail.com

To learn more about this process, please pick up a packet at the
register in the store or contact Board member Traci Barkley at
tbarkley at moose-mail.com or 217/367-5235.

Sincerely,

Your Co-op Board of Directors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Traci L. Barkley
University of Illinois
Program in Ecology and Environmental Biology
Office address: 121 Natural Resources Annex
Mailing address: 172 Natural Resources Building, MC-652
Champaign, Illinois 61820
217.244.5052 (office)
217.621.3013 (cell)
tbarkley at uiuc.edu

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
                                    -Gandhi