[Commotion-admin] [luci-commotion] Administration panel not accessible on neighbor nodes when meshed via Ethernet (#406)

Nat Meysenburg notifications at github.com
Mon Aug 11 16:44:50 EDT 2014

I want to comment that meshing over ethernet is not required. I was noticing this behavior on a node running 1.1rc2. This node provides a gateway. I was on the same LAN as the node (we both got DHCP from the same router). I can SSH in, and hit the splash page of the node, but cannot get to the admin page. To reproduce this behavior you can:

* Flash 1.1rc2 onto a node, and configure it by running the setup wizard.
* Connect that node to a LAN (your home or office network), and let it get a DHCP lease.
* Figure out what it's IP address, either from the node ("ip addr", the dhcp server, or however you can think to do it).
* Connect your machine to the home or office LAN.

With this you should be able to SSH to the node using 'ssh root@$IPADRESS' and get a splash page when connecting through a browser. However you'll get what Andy was describing.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/406#issuecomment-51838000