[Commotion-admin] [commotiond] Lua bindings (#46)

LEGO notifications at github.com
Mon Jul 14 22:20:01 EDT 2014

@jheretic:
I changed my path while walking... Lots of mechanical work got me bored and error prone... so...
Right now I'm into writing a "good" Lua api code generator[1] ( one that's light and versatile, the ones I've tested in the past aren't good for one reason(usu. slow code) or the other(lack of versatility) ), simply because I know overall it will be cheaper to write and test the code generator, and then use it for doing the whole thing, reducing the overall times of debugging compared with those of non generated code.

In the meanwhile we probably want to define how the flags are to be used in regards of GC, because some of what I got to do with the flags for Lua is exactly knowing when to invoke a destructor and how and when just to purge the object from Lua. So for now I'll leave placeholders for the garbage collection and leave their implementation for later.

[1] https://github.com/legontanon/commotiond/tree/master/src/extern/luawrap

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotiond/issues/46#issuecomment-48983306