[Commotion-admin] [mlab-observatory] New Transit Providers or Sites don't have color schemas. (#57)

mtlynch notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 26 15:18:12 EST 2015

I think the larger issue here is that the strategy of giving providers (or provider combinations) fixed colors is not scalable because there are more providers than there are perceptibly distinct colors.

I think a more sustainable solution would be something like what Google Finance does where the first data series added to the view is blue, the second is red, third is orange, and so on.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/issues/57#issuecomment-76261510