[Commotion-dev] interesting tech offer from IRC

Jeremy Lakeman Jeremy.Lakeman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:40:15 UTC 2011

Absolutely, I'd love to read it.

We've come to the same conclusions, that trying to assume that a
wireless network can be treated in the same way as a wired network is
a flawed model. It constrains the methods you can use to solve
problems. Also that using IP packets to sense network topology,
duplicates the work that is already going on at the wifi driver level.

I've been doing some almost pure R&D with a novel approach to link
state tracking and path selection. Though ATM I'm only trying to
determine the path back to one node, I eventually intend to try and
generalise some of the ideas.

But I've never simulated anything. I'm testing this in the real world,
with broken adhoc wifi implementations, primarily on android handsets.