[Commotion-dev] OLSR Routes

bame at riverrock.org bame at riverrock.org
Thu Aug 9 18:36:34 UTC 2012

In a situation I struggled with, olsrd was remarkably good about displaying
routes it knew about, and remarkably terrible about helping me
find out why they were not showing up in (any of the) kernel routes.
I instrumented the code quite deeply even, and still it was subtle.

Turned out I used a slightly different LinkQualityAlgorithm than my
peers, and none of the visible routes made it to routing tables.  No
error messages.  No warnings: "hey I have routes but I'm not sharing,
just saying".  Given the effort I as a pretty damn good and experienced
hacker expended to debug this, I declared the implementation of olsrd
not ready for mortals :-)

	-p