[Commotion-dev] Super Node

Benjamin Chodoroff ben at theworkdept.com
Thu Aug 16 21:42:33 UTC 2012

On 08/15/2012 12:51 PM, Seamus Tuohy wrote:
> We have a lot of notes starting to take form in the development notes
> section of the Wiki. I would love to hear ideas, suggestions, and
> critique both on the  list and on the wiki.

This is great to hear about. We've been working on a client-node-client
websocket messaging (we affectionately refer to this as "meshaging")
server openwrt package over here in the work dept. We're tidying up some
intro docs that will be ready tomorrow and will have some beta code and
packages posted next week. If you're adventurous, you can try the code
at https://github.com/AdamMagaluk/commotion-ws-routing.git sans context
and testing ;)

Rather than "supernodes" we've been focusing on using the power of
whatever devices that connect to the AP to do any heavy lifting, and
using the nodes to simply pass messages / keep track of connected clients.

Is there discussion elsewhere related to registering "apps" with LuCI or
are we coming up with this stuff alone?

Is there another wiki page aside from "Meshable applications" to look over?

What other mesh-based applications and ideas have people come across?

-b