[Commotion-dev] Dual interfaces

Ben West me at benwest.name
Thu Jul 26 14:12:54 UTC 2012

USB power issue not withstanding, the ar9170 drivers for Atheros chipset
should be available to compile for many targets:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/carl9170

Here is a similar thread someone started on the ath9k-devel mailing list a
couple years ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org/msg03653.html

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Dan Blah <blah at riseup.net> wrote:

> Did folks ever find any affirmative supported drivers in Android related
> to this? I am very interested in USB dongles with external antennae ports.
>
> On 6/6/12 8:51 AM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> > On 06/06/2012 10:01 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >> USB-to-go does not power the USB devices, do you'd have to include
> >> a powered USB hub in order to power the wifi dongle.  Just having a
> >> wifi dongle sticking out of your phone or tablet would be bad
> >> enough, now imagine having a battery-powered USB hub also.
> >
> > Actually, a lot of the low cost wifi only tablets being marketed in
> > China and India right now are sold around the idea of also buying a
> > Huawei 3G USB modem and plugging it in to the device.
> >
> > With that in mind, it may be possible to utilize a USB wifi modem, but
> > it may actually be an issue with the driver software, and not the USB
> > power.
> >
> > +n

> Dan Blah
> pgp 0x36377134