[Commotion-dev] FON2100

Ben West me at benwest.name
Wed Jun 6 22:12:28 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I had recently re-compiled Commotion against OpenWRT r32002 to see if any
speed improvement were available.  The images presently @
info.gowasabi.netinclude this, I think.

I'm also having problems with getting the wireless interface my FON2100
working with this version, and so it might actually be a problem with the
new ath5k drivers.

I plan to re-flash my FON with regular OpenWRT trunk r32002, to see if the
problem persists.  If so, I will revert the Commotion images @
info.gowasabi.net back to the older trunk.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Patrick B <patrickbx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a couple Fonera(FON2100) devices I am trying to install commotion
> too. I flashed them using the recent Atheros image from :
>
> http://info.gowasabi.net/commotion-openwrt/openwrt/
>
> The image works fine, but I am having trouble configuring them to mesh. By
> default the interfaces wlan0 and wlan0-2 are down. I brought them up, gave
> wlan0-2 an IP and BSSID (commotionwireless.net) and tried running olsrd
>  (olsrd -i wlan0-2). However, I can't get it to properly associate with the
> mesh network as confirmed by a working commotion device. If anyone could
> point me in the right direction.  This is the olsrd.conf:
>
> DebugLevel 0
> AllowNoInt yes
> IpVersion 4
> LinkQualityLevel 2
> LinkQualityAlgorithm "etx_ffeth"
> SmartGateway yes
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_arprefresh.so.0.1"
> {
> }
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.5"
> {
> }
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_secure.so.0.6"
> {
> }
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.3"
> {
> PlParam "name" "commotion-165249"
> PlParam "sighup-pid-file" "/var/run/dnsmasq.pid"
> PlParam "suffix" ".mesh"
> }
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_txtinfo.so.0.1"
> {
> PlParam "accept" "0.0.0.0"
> }
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction for getting these devices
> manually configured that'd be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick Baxter

Ben West
me at benwest.name