[Commotion-dev] FON2100

Ben West me at benwest.name
Thu Jun 7 16:28:13 UTC 2012

For an update, I was getting this error in the syslog on my FON2100
using Commotion w/ OpenWRT r32002:

Jan  1 00:00:58 commotion-2022497 user.info sysinit: Configuration
file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
Jan  1 00:00:58 commotion-2022497 user.info sysinit: nl80211: Failed
to add interface wlan0 into bridge lo: Operation not supported
Jan  1 00:00:58 commotion-2022497 user.info sysinit: nl80211 driver
initialization failed.
Jan  1 00:00:58 commotion-2022497 user.info sysinit: Failed to start
hostapd for phy0

It looks like this issue, which is claimed to have been fixed in
r32011+, may be related:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/11553

I will try re-compiling against a newer version of OpenWRT trunk to
see if that resolves this problem.