[Commotion-dev] license and copyright assignment?

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Mon Jun 11 10:12:03 UTC 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 11:24 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> MeshTether is substantially based on Barnacle Wifi Tether, which is
> GPLv3, so it'll be easiest there to just keep that license.
>
> jsoninfo is pretty much all written under Commotion funding, but is part
> of olsrd, so it should probably use that license (I think MIT or BSD).

Yes, if something only works together with OLSR (such as plugins), it would make sense to keep it the same license (BSD license in this case).
I wouldn't like to see a balkanization of licenses in the olsr.org code repo. This will create headaches for olsr.org in the years to come. Easier to keep it under one license (even though personally I don't like the implications of BSD license so much).

a.