[Commotion-dev] batphone/olsr GUI dev sync

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Mar 12 22:51:18 UTC 2012

It should be possible to make a Remote Service that runs in the
background and is only killed as a last resort.  It has to be a Remote
Service, because that is the only way that I know to make the Service
run in its own process.  We use this in our Gibberbot app to maintain
the connections to the XMPP server even if the app is killed, and we
run it a lot on Samsungs.  I checked the AndroidManifest.xml and it
seems like there is no Remote Service, only standard Services.

Also, I just tried to build the head of 'development', and got the
errors below:

ndk-build:
        [exec] jni/Android.mk:65: jni/serval-dna/Android.mk: No such
file or directory
        [exec] make: *** No rule to make target
`jni/serval-dna/Android.mk'.  Stop.

Here's what I did before:

- android update project --path .
- set sdk.dir and env.NDK_ROOT in local.properties

.hc