[Commotion-dev] Disabling adhoc encryption on current nightly builds of Commotion-OpenWRT DR1?

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Apr 4 16:35:32 UTC 2013

There is currently a bug in the quickstart, where if you click on
"Continue with an insecure network", it actually still turns on
encryption for the adhoc interface. To turn it off manually, set
wpa=false in the /etc/commotion/profiles.d/quickstartMesh file, then
restart commotion and restart networking. After going through the
quickstart, the adhoc/mesh interface uses the quickstartMesh commotion
profile, which you can confirm in /etc/config/network.

If doing the above doesn't fix it, or it complains about your encryption
settings, remove the wpa and key options for the mesh interface in
/etc/config/wireless, and then restart networking. But this shouldn't be
necessary, since /etc/config/wireless is largely generated by commotiond
(at least the interface-specific sections).