[Commotion-dev] Mesh visualization/mapping options

Paul Gardner-Stephen paul at servalproject.org
Mon Apr 22 20:03:16 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM, Dan Staples <
danstaples at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:

> That's a good idea, Paul. I've been thinking about a lot of things that
> we could use the Rhizome layer to replicate across a mesh. One thing
> that could make it more useful for things like this is having a RESTful
> API, especially for web-based applications. Are there any plans for
> expanding the Rhizome API?

Funny you should mention this.  We were just yesterday talking about
HTTP-based APIs to get to contents of Rhizome bundles.  This would map very
naturally to a RESTful-type interface.

So in short, yes, we do intend to expand the Rhizome API as and when we are
able.  A simplistic implementation of an API that will allow access to
HTTP-transported documents from in a bundle is likely to show up in the
coming weeks, but I will let Jeremy confirm or deny my understanding of
this ;)

Paul.