[Commotion-dev] [OTI-Tech] LTS Testing Update

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Apr 24 13:07:19 UTC 2013

Moving this discussion to commotion-dev...

When I was previously setting the wireless interfaces to use channel 9
instead of channel 5, the freifunk watchdog would routinely bring down
the wireless interfaces. And I have no idea why. The only way I got it
to work was uninstalling ff-watchdog. So see if that may be a reason why
wireless interfaces are unavailable...there should be a note about it in
logread.

I've also noticed that something is killing olsrd on DR1 nodes, without
any clue in the log. The routing table will still have stale routes in
it, indicating that olsrd isn't exiting cleanly. I wonder if it's being
killed by the out-of-memory watchdog. When I was troubleshooting this
before, I wrote a quick script that ran as a cronjob every minute, and
it would pgrep olsrd. If olsrd was running, it would redirect the output
of top into ~/top.out. If olsrd wasn't running, it would move the last
~/top.out as well as logread into a separate directory. That way,
whenever olsrd was killed, there would be a record of top the minute
before it crashed, as well as the log. Would this be useful for
troubleshooting the LTS nodes?