[Commotion-dev] Commotion and other mesh protocols

Genevieve Bastien gbastien+mesh at versatic.net
Fri Apr 26 01:39:56 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've been playing around a little with the Commotion OpenWrt firmware.
Thank you for the work.  I really like what you did with it, the
automatic configuration makes it very easy to have something working and
it's certainly a great step to make mesh networking accessible to the
general public.

I was wondering how easy it would be to make Commotion support other
mesh protocols.  Here in Montreal, Reseau Libre runs on babel.  We are
slowly building our own firmware but using Commotion would jump us many
steps ahead :D  Would it just be a matter of removing olsr and
installing the babeld package instead or are the new packages you
developed dependent on olsr?

Thanks,
Geneviève