[Commotion-dev] Commotion and other mesh protocols

Josh King jking at opentechinstitute.org
Mon Apr 29 14:08:20 UTC 2013

Hi Genevieve,

It would not be that difficult to add babel to CommotionWRT. The way
that OLSRd is currently configured on CommotionWRT is that a hotplug
script in /etc/hotplug.d/ configures and starts OLSRd when a Commotion
interface starts. Although it wouldn't include some of OLSRd's LuCI web
interface tools, you could get babel running by including a babel
hotplug script that checks for babel's presence and configures it
appropriately when an interface starts. If you want to work on such a
script, I would be happy to provide feedback and integrate it upstream
when it's done. We'd like to support babel and other protocols, and it's
just been a matter of time and resources for me and some of the other
developers.