[Commotion-dev] Freifunk watchdog

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Apr 30 13:44:20 UTC 2013

So although Freifunk-watchdog is installed on Commotion-openwrt, we
don't really take advantage of it. It currently only watches dropbear
and cron. Is there any reason we shouldn't add entries for the core
Commotion components? Since we've been having problems with olsrd
inexplicably shutting down, I think the watchdog could help. Here's a
/etc/config/freifunk-watchdog I'd like to add by default to DR1:

config process
        option process 'dropbear'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/dropbear'

config process
        option process 'crond'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/cron'

config process
        option process 'commotiond'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/commotiond'

config process
        option process 'servald'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/serval-dna'

config process
        option process 'avahi-daemon'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon'

config process
        option process 'olsrd'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/olsrd'

config process
        option process 'dnsmasq'
        option initscript '/etc/init.d/dnsmasq'

I didn't add firewall, in case folks want to turn that off. Is there
anything I'm missing? Any reason not to do this?

-Dan

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute