[Commotion-dev] Throughput advantage to 802.11s support

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Sat Feb 9 00:30:05 UTC 2013

I agree with Aaron than for uses beyond meshes limited to a single channel,
max 32 or max 50 nodes is still the same arbitrarily low limit.

I am curious, tho, which approach would be more effective in getting this
limitation (and its implementations) amended: A) don't use 802.11s at all,
or B) use 802.11s as-is and push for more adoption of 802.11s among your
peers nevertheless, so that the number of people potentially demanding this
amendment increases.

As for meshing across multiple channels (or media, for that matter), I
started a thread<https://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2013-February/005434.html>on
the olsr-users list asking about good approaches to building efficient
bridges for hybrid mesh topologies.  The
trelay<https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/trelay?order=name>package
recently added to OpenWRT looks especially useful for this, and I
think that tool was also mentioned in recent Battlemesh announcements.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
ben at gowasabi.net