[Commotion-dev] txtinfo plugin question

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Feb 12 16:41:32 UTC 2013

FWIW, this is what I get on a Nanostatio Loco M5 running Attutide
Adjustment r35298 and olsrd - 0.6.3-3.  Note this is just on a stand-alone
node, not in mesh, but the txtinfo plugin does respond to curl.

root at locom5-q:/tmp# curl http://localhost:2006/links/interfaces
Table: Links
Local IP    Remote IP    Hyst.    LQ    NLQ    Cost

Table: Interfaces
Name    State    MTU    WLAN    Src-Adress    Mask    Dst-Adress
wlan0    UP    1472    Yes    10.12.1.19    255.255.255.0    255.255.255.255

curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Andy Gunn
<andygunn at opentechinstitute.org>wrote:

> Thanks Hans - do you know if you can query that via curl on the command
> line? Or another method?
>

> On 02/12/2013 09:51 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > I don't think commotion is really using txtinfo any more because its
> hard to
> > scrape with code, but it is human readable.  I believe that the jsoninfo
> > plugin is what commotion is using in general.  Its JSON, so its very
> easy to
> > scrape, and has a very similar query style via URLs, but a different
> port number:
> >
> > http://localhost:9090/links/neighbors
> >
> > .hc
> >
> > On 02/12/2013 09:48 AM, Andy Gunn wrote:
> >> Hi all - I have a few quick questions about the olsrd txtinfo plugin.
> >>
> >> Is it enabled by default in Commotion? If so, what are the most useful
> >> commands to send it via command line to retrieve link information,
> >> particularly neighbour link quality?
> >>
> >> For instance, will:
> >> $ curl http://localhost:2006/links/interfaces
> >> work? (i.e. is curl installed on Commotion?)
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> -A

> Andy Gunn
> Field Engineer, Open Technology Institute
> New America Foundation
> 202-596-3484
> http://oti.newamerica.net

Ben West