[Commotion-dev] Olsrd OSx App Update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Feb 15 19:20:44 UTC 2013

We've got the kinks sorted out on starting up olsrd reliably on Mac OS X,
turns out that 255.255.255.255 broadcasts work oddly on Mac OS X, so we can't
use them.  They only go out the "first" interface, not all interfaces, so if
the "first" interface is the wired ethernet, then the broadcast never goes out
to the wifi.  By not setting Ip4Broadcast in olsrd.conf, olsrd choose the
broadcast address that's configured in the interface, so that should work
reasonably well.

Also, the dyn_gw plugin only works with the Linux kernel (and maybe FreeBSD if
you use the linprocfs to provide a Linux compatible /proc).  If that's an
essential part of the commotion mesh, then something will have to change there
to support non-Linux systems.

.hc