[Commotion-dev] DR1 Quickstart

seamus tuohy s2e at opentechinstitute.org
Sat Feb 23 17:43:05 UTC 2013

Hello,

See below:

On 02/22/13 00:43, Ben West wrote:
> Hi Saemus,
>
> Thank you for the detailed response.
>
> I do see the commotionDaemon() function here, and it looks like it is
> indeed piping hot (i.e. last changes committed w/in hours).
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion-quick-start/repository/entry/usr/lib/lua/luci/controller/QS/QS.lua?rev=Version02
>
> Indeed, I'm glad to see Josh has managed to get himself incorporeally
> ported into luci.  That's pretty awesome. ;)
>
>    elseif request == 'I NEED A CONFIG JOSH' then
>       return nil
>    elseif request == 'engage' then
>       --TODO incorporate the final ubus add/select sections here

Hehehe, yea I tried to make the quickstart interact with the daemon in
much the way i interact with josh, by yelling for what it needs across
the best available channel.

> Is the Quickstart presently in either the master or Version02 branch
> OK to run w/o the commotionDaemon component?  I.e. could one just
> manually enter all config via www UI?

The original version one was not as reliant on the CommotionDaemon
component, but all the current versions use the faux-daemon to populate
much of their data and don't actually set many of the settings without
it. Back in the git history you can find the version one release which
did much of the uci work itself by modifying various uci files, but we
decided to push most of that on to the daemon to make sure we did not
work against ourself.

> Also, do please respond if there is anything I could do to help.

Will do!