[Commotion-dev] Best linux GUI framework?

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Sat Feb 23 18:24:32 UTC 2013

I'd like to create a very simple GUI program for the Commotion-OpenBTS
live image that will ask the user what type of radio hardware they are
using on first boot, and will then configure and install the proper
transceiver driver. I've got a shell script that will do that now, but
in order to make it easier and more familiar for non-technical users, I
thought a point-and-click GUI would be better than an interactive
terminal script.

>From my initial research, I've narrowed it down to Qt and wxWidgets. Any
suggestions either way? It looks like they both have Python bindings,
which I figured I'd use to make things easier for myself.

Dan

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute