[Commotion-dev] MeshTether to the Play Store

Teco Boot teco at inf-net.nl
Sat Jan 5 08:35:10 UTC 2013

Op 5 jan. 2013, om 01:07 heeft Hans of Guardian het volgende geschreven:

> Are there any plans for getting MeshTether in the Google Play Store?  I think that could be a good way to get a lot of testers.  It should be listed with a fair amount of caveats, but it certainly would be a fast to find out which devices it works on.
>
> I don't think the risk of it damaging phones is high at all.  Mostly the risk is that we'll get a fair amount of negative feedback because it won't work on most devices (i.e. Samsung).

Any outcome that brings us to better support for ad hoc would be great. Blame and shame is one method.
The app should have a pointer to a wiki, with blacklist, whitelist and howto for enabling ad hoc.
We can easily get custom mod's on whitelist, by just pushing our fixes upstream.

Teco