[Commotion-dev] Ok to commit to master OpenWRT branch default root password?

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Jan 22 03:52:32 UTC 2013

Right now a most of the new code for DR1 that we've been working on is
in various repos on the OTI github account:
https://github.com/opentechinstitute. Everything has yet to be compiled
into a single source tree, since plenty of it isn't finished yet.

As for the backports, I really have no idea. I know Josh King has been
working on bringing Commotion-OpenWRT up to Attitude Adjustment, and
I'm not sure what kernel version that uses. I apologize that our DR1
efforts haven't been well documented or announced. I think in the
future, it would be good for us Commotion developers at OTI to be more
transparent with what we're working on, at least for the reason that
it's important for everyone to be on the same page...it would be crummy
for someone to be working on something that is then made obsolete by
something someone else is working on!

We've been pretty good about tracking our DR1 efforts on the Commotion
issue tracker. You can check out the DR1-specific stuff here:
https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/issues?set_filter=1&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&v[fixed_version_id][]=2&f[]=&c[]=tracker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&group_by=.

Here are some highlights of what we've been working on for DR1:

* A cross-platform Commotion daemon written in C, to manage all the
Commotion components and handle configuration
* Quick Start wizard to guide the user through setting up a node on
first boot
* Application advertisement and discovery (using mDNS/DNSSD) and
OpenWRT application web portal
* Enhanced security features, such as AuthSAE and a OLSRd-secure plugin
to sign routing traffic with Serval keys
* A new LuCI theme to match commotionwireless.net
* A Commotion-OpenBTS live distro with Serval integration

Dan