[Commotion-dev] Ok to commit to master OpenWRT branch default root password?

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Jan 22 04:06:46 UTC 2013

If it helps, I believe the specific backports I created for kernel v3.3.8
and compat-wireless-2012-09-07 are generally independent of application
layer within OpenWRT.

So, whenever the DR1 release candidate is assembled into a coherent whole,
if the underlying OS doesn't already have the kernel and radio drivers from
Attitude Adjustment, then these backports may work on that too:

https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion-openwrt/repository/revisions/ath9k_new/changes/patches/backport_kernel_3.3.8.patch
https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion-openwrt/repository/revisions/ath9k_new/changes/patches/backport_compat_wireless_09-07-12.patch

My original motivation for creating the backports was that the
compat-wireless drivers included with the version of Commotion pinned to
trunk r31639 didn't work very well with the ath9k_htc USB wifi adapters I'd
been using.  That, and the fact that I too had a personal copy of Attitude
Adjustment that I had been toying around with for purposes vaguely
tangential to Commotion.

Perhaps one day everyone's secret copies of Attitude Adjustment will be
merged together . :)

ben at gowasabi.net
314-246-9434