[Commotion-dev] commotion-mesh-applet v0.1 released!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Jul 24 00:18:40 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 12:28 PM, Mikael "MMN-o" Nordfeldth wrote:
> On 2013-07-12 21:47, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> This includes packages for Oneiric thru Saucy.  The source tarball is
>> attached.  It should be possible to do "python setup.py install" but keep in
>> mind its barely tested.
>>
>> commotion-mesh-applet-0.1.tar.gz SHA1: db7955ac8eee4d8355189811209238c34ab9f94e
>
> Is a Debian build set planned? I'm running wheezy (Debian 7.1) and would
> prefer it if there was a pre-built dependency chain available through apt :)
>

> Either way, when installing nm-dispatcher-olsrd from the 'oneiric'
> branch, the only one with a Debian-compatible libc6 version dependency,
> I get the following (pardon my sv_SE locale):
>
>    Ställer in nm-dispatcher-olsrd (0.1-1~oneiric) ...
>    Usage: /etc/init.d/network-manager
> {start|stop|restart|force-reload|status}
>    dpkg: fel vid hantering av nm-dispatcher-olsrd (--configure):
>     underprocessen installerade post-installation-skript gav felkod 1
>
> If you couldn't translate it, it means that that when apt runs configure
> on nm-dispatcher-olsrd it gets a bad exit code (1). The "Usage:" line is
> obviously from some attempt to run the network-manager init script.
>
> If this is due to oneiric's network-manager not being the same as Debian
> wheezy, nevermind this report. I haven't looked at what might really be
> going on under the hood.
>

> I'll make sure to try the mesh applet on an Ubuntu raring (13.04)
> release as well, where I'm sure it'll install easier. However I've just
> started to move away from Canonical since their Amazon trickstery (but
> not all machines are migrated yet, so I'll make sure to make time!).

Yes, once its decently stable, then I'll upload it to Debian as official
packages.  In the meantime, its easy to build your own packages from the
source using 'dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us'

You could also try the new 'setup.py' install script, it should be something like:

  sudo python setup.py install

Post any problems here and we'll help you with them.

.hc