[Commotion-dev] Verifying signatures

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Jun 5 20:03:52 UTC 2013

I'm in the process of adding signatures to the binaries on our Download
page. I wanted to get folks' opinions on how to best instruct users on
how to verify GPG signatures. The best resource we've found is Tor's
page: https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html.en, but
it is a bit too specific to Tor itself in my opinion, and so we probably
wouldn't want to just link to it and leave it at that.

Does anyone else know of any good tutorials on how to verify GPG
signatures, tailored for someone who might not have even used GPG
before? If we can't find something better than Tor's instructions, I
might just write up our own tutorial tailored to Commotion, borrowing a
lot from Tor's page.

Dan

--
Dan Staples