[Commotion-dev] 802.11w

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Jun 11 14:33:19 UTC 2013

I tried turning on 802.11w, which basically encrypts 802.11 management
frames, on a Commotion WPA2-secured access point. This had the result of
me not being able to connect to the access point. I tried with my
laptop's built-in wifi, and a TP-Link TL-WN821N USB adapter; neither
worked. Adding the 802.11w flag to the ad-hoc interface appeared to have
no effect.

Has anyone else tried using 802.11w? It seems Microsoft has only just
made it available to clients in Windows 8. So perhaps it's not worth
pursuing for Commotion, due to minimal compatibility.

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net