[Commotion-dev] Possible hostapd / IBSS-RSN regression on OpenWRT AA r36682+

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Jun 11 20:23:34 UTC 2013

I recompiled some of my firmware stacks to the most current AA version, and
!shazaam! the IBSS-RSN encrypted adhoc stopped working.  This didn't occur
with the Commotion OpenWRT firmware, but the firmware I observed this on is
90% similar.

I think this is the offending changeset:
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/36682/branches/attitude_adjustment/package/hostapd

AA r36608 is known to work fine.

Note that I use the full hostapd and wpa_supplicant packages for encrypted
adhoc.  I believe Commotion OpenWRT does the same.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
ben at gowasabi.net