[Commotion-dev] Kernel which supports wireless extensions

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Mar 1 17:32:21 UTC 2013

Hey Magnus,

Glad to have more people working on this stuff, it can be painful.

The Nexus One has working adhoc with the stock kernel and OS, so its probably not a good example for getting this stuff working on other devices.  Also, you don't need monitor mode for OLSR, just plain on adhoc IBSS mode.

I think the key is to figure out where adhoc mode is disabled in the HTC One V.  Have you tried running Commotion MeshTether on it?  The debug log from the menu of that app could provide useful info.  The other thing I'd do is try directly messing with the wpa_supplicant from the terminal to see if it returns adhoc/IBSS networks in the scans.

I do this kind of debugging using Lil Debi (in the Play store) so that I have a full Debian shell to work in, either via adb shell or ssh.

.hc