[Commotion-dev] Kernel which supports wireless extensions

Magnus Wennberg magnuswennberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:53:46 UTC 2013

Hi Hans

We are having some problems with the Commotion MeshTether, and was hoping
maybe you can help us?
When we press "Start" we get these messages:

Starting...
no active WAN interface found
running /data/data/net.szym.barnacle/app_bin/run
./wifi[2]: ../native/libs/armeabi/wifi: not found
./wifi[2]: ../native/libs/armeabi/wifi: not found
OLSR on http://172.29.133.196:8080
./wifi[2]: ../native/libs/armeabi/wifi: not found
./wifi[2]: ../native/libs/armeabi/wifi: not found
Stopped unexpectedly!

We think we might not have built the native code correct? What do you think?

Best regards
Magnus

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Hans of Guardian
<hans at guardianproject.info>wrote:

> Hey Magnus,
>
> Glad to have more people working on this stuff, it can be painful.
>
> The Nexus One has working adhoc with the stock kernel and OS, so its
> probably not a good example for getting this stuff working on other
> devices.  Also, you don't need monitor mode for OLSR, just plain on adhoc
> IBSS mode.
>
> I think the key is to figure out where adhoc mode is disabled in the HTC
> One V.  Have you tried running Commotion MeshTether on it?  The debug log
> from the menu of that app could provide useful info.  The other thing I'd
> do is try directly messing with the wpa_supplicant from the terminal to see
> if it returns adhoc/IBSS networks in the scans.
>
> I do this kind of debugging using Lil Debi (in the Play store) so that I
> have a full Debian shell to work in, either via adb shell or ssh.
>
> .hc
>

> On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Magnus Wennberg wrote:
>
> Dear everybody!
>
> We are two students that are currently working on our master thesis at the
> University of Agder in Norway. We want to install olsr on two Android HTC
> One V phones. We are trying to use the SPAN application and are currently
> working on building our own custom kernel. However we are having some
> trouble getting the wireless extension support working. We have asked the
> SPAN project group for help, but we cant figure out where the problem is.
>
> Is there anybody that have done similar work? With HTC phones?
>
> We found this site through a post in your archives. In this post you
> described how to take chip out of managed mode for Nexus one and Galaxy S
> 2. If we can do this with our HTC phones it will help us towards reaching
> our goal. However, we are not sure how to use it, can anyone point us in
> the right direction of where to start?
> http://bcmon.blogspot.co.il/2012/09/working-monitor-mode-on-nexus-one.html
>

> --
> Best regards