[Commotion-dev] commotion mesh applet - first test package

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Fri Mar 1 04:04:38 UTC 2013

Hi Hans,

I think was just able to install commotion-mesh-applet successfully on an
Ubuntu Quantal VMware guest, and furthermore successfully initialize a USB
TP-Link WN821N radio connected to that guest.  This is the same radio which
I've been able to get to work in adhoc + unecrypted VAP mode under
Commotion-OpenWRT, using the ath9k_htc module, and I installed the
linux-backports-modules-cw-3.6-quantal-generic package to get the most
current wireless drivers.

However, I'm not sure how to actually get the applet to configure the radio
(or if I must manually configure the radio).

What's next?

P.S. Note I'm using the 2nd to last release of commotion-mesh-applet, due
to the error mentioned in my previous email.
https://launchpad.net/~guardianproject/+archive/commotion/+build/4330501