[Commotion-dev] OSX Meshbook update

Bradley Greenwood bradley at scal.io
Wed Mar 6 00:42:10 UTC 2013

Hi All,

The major pieces of the osx app are in place.  With the new Profile Manager, one can now manage Profile settings through the UI and/or manage settings through the file system.  In addition, I've reverse engineered the Wifi Menu app so now our Profile updates will be immediately reflected in the menu bar and the user is able to make a selection there.  Latest source here:

   https://github.com/bmgdev/meshbook

A few remaining todos. I need to add UI around the app window for Status, Log, and Help.  As you know, we also discovered at the end of this process that there is no way to set bssid or channel on any version of osx (10.5+).  I'm still investigating some options.  For the time being, I'll add functionality to scan for ibss networks that match those of the Profile list.  Iconography to distinguish a node in range will help a user to know which of those nodes are closest.

Much of my testing has been in 10.7 and 10.8.  I was able to get a Snow Leopard install up last night (10.6) so I'll be able to resolve issues for that version as well.

-b

Bradley Greenwood | bradley at scal.io | Scal.io