[Commotion-dev] Preventing Commotion nodes from handing out DHCP?

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Wed May 15 01:37:05 UTC 2013

Hi Preston,

I do not have a node in front of me at the moment so I can't tell for
certain (I am referencing my home router, which is running a different
version of OpenWRT), but you should be able to set this fairly easily
through the LuCI admin interface. In the admin interface, just go to
Network->Interfaces->Plug. There should be a dropdown menu for
"Protocol." Switch it to "DHCP Client," and click "Switch Protocol."
This will remove the ethernet interface from Commotion's configuration,
and instead it will just be a normal DHCP interface. Is the node
intended to advertise that interface as a gateway?