[Commotion-dev] Stress test results

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Nov 12 07:48:56 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 00:00 EST, Paul Gardner-Stephen <paul at servalproject.org> wrote:

> Hi Will,
>
> Have you tried it with the recent servald update that fixed a few memory
> leaks?
>
> As for high load generating malloc() activity in servald, it would need to
> be activity that touches servald in some way (obvious and direct or
> otherwise).  It will also be interesting to know if it is in servald or
> libserval being used by another application.  Are you able to repeat the
> test with servald not running, and see whether it still happens?

Paul,

Thanks for the response. I am planning on rerunning these tests tomorrow and had already planned on doing the tests that you suggest. I think that your suggestions will help us get to the bottom of what we are seeing here.

That said, it is my *hunch* that this crash has very little to do with any particular application. I think that it is more the result of the device simply running out of memory and having very little recourse but to restart.

I will post here with additional results. Thanks again for your response.

Will