[Commotion-dev] Mesh Tether and Serval integration

Jeremy Lakeman Jeremy.Lakeman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 05:14:32 UTC 2013

I've attempted to give Serval Mesh the ability to trigger the start and
stop of the commotion Mesh Tether application.  And I'd like to confirm
that Serval's network services are enabled while Mesh Tether is running.

I've built a test version of Serval Mesh if anyone else could help to test
this;
http://developer.servalproject.org/files/unstable/Serval_Mesh-0.92-pre2-6-g37d8f92.apk

If the Mesh Tether app is installed, you should see "Mesh Tether" in the
list of networks from within Serval . Select it should toggle the Mesh
Tether app and display its status.

While I've seen Mesh Tether attempt to start in response to the broadcast
intent, I haven't seen any evidence that it has created or joined an adhoc
network with any of our phones here.