[Commotion-dev] Possibilities to include Commotion Android in OEM ROMs

Sebastián Ramírez Magrí sebasmagri at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:33:11 EDT 2014

Hi!

First of all thanks for your awesome work.

I'd like to go straight to a quick question:

If there were a possibility to include Commotion Android in stock ROMs by an
OEM, would commotion still need root on runtime? or is root needed only for
installation?

There is actually a chance of this happenning according to conversations with
an OEM here in Venezuela called Síragon[0]. I've been talking to the mobiles
branch coordinator about a new project here called WifiAbierto[1] and he is
interested on adding mesh capabilities to their products by default.

I'd be glad to give him good news and to start a project with them on this
matter, of course with your kind support.

Best Regards,

[0] http://www.siragon.com/ve/
[1] http://wifiabierto.org

--