[Commotion-dev] replacing Nodogsplash with Luci-app-splash

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Dec 9 13:32:53 EST 2014

Although not directly related, in some CoovaChilli deployments they put a
JS countdown behind the "Go Online" button, where the button only becomes
active and captures focus after a delay.  I believe the motivation is to
ensure the portal page (and all of its embedded code) has downloaded to the
client in full before making the button available, since browsers will
render pages dynamically as they are transferred.  The embedded uhttpd can
be pokey if RAM is scarce.

Here is a stackoverflow thread about using the DOM to accomplish this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8975850/display-button-only-when-page-loads-completely

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net
ben at gowasabi.net