[Commotion-dev] [Commotion-discuss] Brick or Nanostation?

Ben West me at benwest.name
Fri Jan 10 20:29:02 UTC 2014

(Replying only on Commotion-dev listserv ...)

Triggering TFTP mode via the POE injector can be tricky, and is sometime
unreliable.  I'd recommend trying a different POE injector, if you have one
spare.  I've had the little reset button on older injectors just stop
working after some time.  Also, I believe only the UBNT 1Amp POE injectors
now have the reset button, not the stock injector provided with the
Nanostation.

Also, try holding down the reset button for longer, say 15 to 20 seconds.

Finally, if you are still not able to get the device into TFTP mode, you
can fashion your own reset switch by slicing cat5.  I believe the forum at
community.ubnt.com will have more info about that.

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Anderson Walworth <anderson at alliedmedia.org
> wrote:

> Hey yesterday I upgraded a Nano on the roof of AMP (via ethernet/web
> interface)  from DR2 to 1.0 and then lost contact with it.
> I tried to go into TFTP mode (with the special reset button POE) held the
> button in for 8 seconds and still no ping. I also had something similar
> happen when upgrading another Nano from DR 1 to DR2. In both instances I
> only have access to the POE.
>
> I could better troubleshoot if I had physical access but the snow is
> making me wait.
> Just wondered if anyone experienced this before or if maybe someone quick
> remedy.
>

> Thanks!
>
> xoxo Anderson Walworth
>
> --